We work on a LOT of 6.0L Powerstroke engines, it's a rare day when there isn't at least one of them in our shop. We've developed a really good process and selection of parts to get them fixed "right". Our 6.0L "Master Kit®" was developed out of our experience with fixing many 6.0L Powerstrokes with the most common problems (EGR Cooler Failures, Oil Cooler Failures and Head Gasket Failures). Simply put...
We KNOW how to fix the common 6.0L problems
because we are DOING IT day in and day out!
The Strictly Diesel 6.0L "Master Kit®" is extremely flexible. We've built the base kit with the least expensive path to reach your goal of fixing your 6.0L Powerstroke. However, because we realize that not every truck owner uses their truck the same way, there are a number of options for expanding/upgrading the kit to meet YOUR specific needs/goals. Please carefully review the contents of the base kit and then make the option selections that best fit your needs.
This Strictly Diesel "Master Kit®" is BUILT-TO-ORDER...based on YOUR needs!
As such, PLEASE allow 2-3 Business Days for Kit Assembly and Packaging.
Thank You Very Much for your Understanding!
The base Strictly Diesel 6.0L "Master Kit®" includes all of the following:
• (1) Set of Head Gaskets* - Choose From:
• River City Diesel "Platinum Series®" Head Gaskets
• Ford Factory Head Gasket Kits (including new standpipes)**
• (1) Set of ARP Head Studs
• (1) River City Diesel Complete EGR Delete Kit
• (1) Ford Oil Cooler Rebuild Kit incl. New High Pressure Pump Screen
• (1) Complete Intake Gasket Set
• New Intake Gaskets
• EGR Cooler to Up-Pipe Gasket
• EGR Cooler to Intake Manifold Gasket
• Intake Manifold to Front Cover O-Ring
• Complete Set of Injector O-Rings
• Intake Elbow and EGR Throttle Plate O-Rings
• Turbo Oil Feed and Drain Tube O-Rings and Gasket
• EGR Coolant Feed Housing O-Ring
• EGR Valve O-Rings and Gasket
• (1) Exhaust Manifold Gasket Set
• (1) New Motorcraft Oil Filter
*Head Gaskets are available with 18mm or 20mm dowels. 18mm "Pre-Commonized" dowels are found in trucks built before 01/11/06 (engine serial number 6,000,000 - 6,723,721 or 1 - 299,092). 20mm "Commonized" dowels are found in trucks built on or after 01/11/06 (engine serial number 6,723,722 and higher or 299,093 and higher).
**Ford Head Gasket Kits include a new high pressure oil rail standpipe in addition to the head gasket. You MUST choose the correct gasket kit for your truck, based on the PRODUCTION DATE of the vehicle!
The photos for this product show both the included items and some of the different upgrade options we offer for the Strictly Diesel 6.0L "Master Kit®". Please feel free to contact us by phone or e-mail if you have any questions about any of the options, we want to make sure you get exactly what you need to fix your truck the right way, the first time! Please also see the important notes below!
IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING THE INSTALLATION OF THIS KIT:
• The deck surface of the cylinder head is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT for proper seal with the head gasket, ESPECIALLY ON THE 6.0L POWERSTROKE! We have seen BRAND NEW cylinder heads that required removal of .005-.007" of the deck to provide a truly flat surface. Because we want you to get the best possible results from the installation of this kit, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you have your cylinder heads resurfaced by a qualified shop while you have them off the engine. The "Straight Edge" test is not even remotely close to accurate, please do not rely on a straight edge and feeler gauges to determine if your heads need to be resurfaced! Failure to properly resurface your cylinder heads will result in increased risk of head gasket sealing issues down the road, particularly if you are running higher than stock power levels!
• Though much less likely to be a problem compared to the cylinder heads, it is still highly recommended that the deck surface of the block be very closely inspected before reassembly. We have seen several instances of head gasket failure with upgraded gaskets, head studs and milled heads...and in almost every case the problem turned out to be on the block side. Since the head gaskets are a known weak link on the 6.0L engine, due dilligence with regard to the quality of the sealing surfaces is CRITICAL!
• ARP Head Studs have very specific installation instructions and include a special lubricant that MUST be used during installation. Failure to follow the ARP instructions exactly as written may result in cylinder head gasket sealing problems.
• Even though you will have the valve covers removed to do this work, it is not necessary to replace the valve cover gaskets. We've found that the 6.0L Valve Cover Gaskets are extremely durable and will re-seal many times over without leakage issues. Unless you physically damage one of the valve cover gaskets, there are better places to spend your money.
• We stock and deal with a very large number of factory Ford gaskets and o-rings for the 6.0L engine. If you have a specific need, please let us know and we'll be happy to accomodate you.
"Master Kit®" is a REGISTERED TRADEMARK of S Diesel, LLC
"Platinum™" is a TRADEMARK of River City Diesel, LLC