STOP! - If you are looking at this item and thinking that it's a cheap way to replace your DEAD / DAMAGED / POORLY MODIFIED Fuel Injection Control Module...think again! This product is an UPGRADE, it is not intended to be an inexpensive way to replace a defective FICM. You are paying for modifications to be made to a USABLE FICM. As such, your core FICM MUST be usable as well!
Please Note - A $350.00 Core Charge WILL BE ADDED to your shopping cart. This core charge is refundable upon receipt of a usable core FICM (as determined by Swamps).
Please read the IMPORTANT CORE NOTES below thoroughly before ordering!
The higher output voltage of this 58v FICM forces the fuel injector to open more quickly, which allows the fuel injector to flow slightly more fuel than a lower/stock voltage unit. The quicker action of the fuel injector also slightly advances the injection timing. The results with the 58v FICM is that the truck will pick up an additional 40rwhp; even with the standard Ford programming. This 58v FICM is compatible with any brand of tuner on the market. The common programmers on the market (such as Edge, Superchips, SCT, Bullydog, etc) are actually recalibrating the ECM, not the FICM...so you do not need to have them uninstalled or reprogrammed with the addition of the 58v FICM.
Swamps 58v FICM units come pre-programmed with the latest factory Ford programming. These units are fully tested (on a test bench, actually sending signals to 8 fuel injectors), with a 30 amp load, and are ready to install & drive away. No reprogramming by Ford is required!!!
Each FICM Swamps builds is shipped with a "data sheet" showing the voltage & signaling output test results, before & after our repair &/or modification.
The Swamps 58v FICM includes a 1 year warranty.
IMPORTANT CORE NOTES:
We're sorry, but we've already been burned by a few customers that returned "working" cores that turned out to be completely dead. As such, our core policy on this product is as follows:
• This item has a $350 core charge.
• The core charge refund may take up to a month to be processed after receipt of the core by Strictly Diesel, depending on when our next shipment is scheduled to go to Swamps and how long it takes Swamps to test the FICMs when they receive them. We're sorry for the inconvenience, but we must allow Swamps to test the cores and notify us of the status before issuing refunds. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• Any core that arrives DOA or that does not meet Swamps Diesel criteria as a "usable core" (see below) will not receive a core refund.
• If your FICM case has been opened at all (excluding the small sheetmetal cover), your core charge will not be refunded.
• If your FICM has been physically damaged in any other way (visible damage to the case, circuit board burned, etc), your core will not be refunded.
• Your core FICM is used to build the Performance FICM for the next customer. Please be mindful of the fact that the previous customer sent us a good FICM so you could get yours upgraded...and send us a good core FICM so the next customer has the same great experience!
• We highly recommend that you still return your core, even if you believe that it is dead. Swamps testing procedure is very thorough and it is possible that your core may not operate your truck, but still might test well enough to receive a core charge. It's worth a few $ in shipping charges for the possibility of getting all or some of your core money back!
Thank You for your understanding in this matter!
SWAMPS DIESEL FUEL INJECTORS:
First 3 digits of model number is maximum flow rate, second 3 digits are nozzle size. Stock nozzles are referred to as "146". A "30%" nozzle will flow 30% more fuel, a "200%" nozzle will flow 200% more fuel (in the same injector, in the same amount of time), etc...
Swamps is capable of producing injectors up to 400/400% for all out competition use. If you are building a competition vehicle and are looking for something larger than what we have listed here, please call and discuss your needs with us by phone. We will need details about the other modifications to the engine and your intended HP goal to help you size the right set of custom competition injectors.